Several governments are progressively turning to advanced ICT solutions to pursue the objectives of protecting their public and private assets, creating national registers of people and property as well as enhancing and democratizing services to their citizens.
The Emerging Countries Panel will illustrate the current scenario of government-driven national ID schemes and citizen-centric services throughout emerging countries and how the need for joined-up service provision is creating cooperation between national and local government departments and private sector service providers, such as postal operators.
Identification of the Global Citizen
– Ali Al Khouri, Director General – Emirates Identity Authority, UAE
– Chris Onyemenam, Director General & CEO – National Identity Management Commission (NIMC), Nigeria
– Pedro Janices, Chief of the Cabinet Office, National Director – National Office of Information Technologies, Argentina
– Rajanish Dass, Professor – Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
– Leandro Pavani, Chief – Sao Paulo Military Police,Brazil