Endorsements, glowing testimonies and record attendances for ID WORLD 2006
More than 479 high-caliber conference attendees, up 33 per cent on last year, and 1,801 visitors from more than 65 countries and six continents visited the ID WORLD International Congress that featured nine conferences, more than 160 speakers, a comprehensive auto ID technology exhibition and its groundbreaking networking platform Exchange.
The ID WORLD International Congress is the most comprehensive showcase on the evolving world of RFID, biometrics, smart card, identity management and identification technologies in general. It is the only international event that looks at the world of automatic identification as a whole, rather than focusing on a specific technology or vertical market sector.In 2006 it played host to the world premier of the Registered Traveler Forum and comprised of nine individual conferences focusing on Global Security, Electronic Passports, Smart Supply Chains, Healthcare, Ticketing, Fashion, Transactions, Food and ID Revolution Trends. Held in Milan from November 28th to 30th, at the Milanofiori Congress Center, it has again built on the success of the previous events held in Paris, Barcelona and Rome.
Before ID WORLD 2006 opened its doors it had received official endorsements from the European Commission and Giuliano Amato, the Italian Minister of the Interior. When it closed its doors on November 30th, ID WORLD 2006 had received glowing testimonies from many of its attendees:
- Ali Al-Khouri, Deputy Director General of the Emirates Identity Authority, United Arab Emirates, said: “My delegation and I visit a huge number of events around the world and ID WORLD 2006 is the best we have ever attended. I would like to compliment Wise Media for the organization of the event.”
- Elizabeth Bednarski, Executive Manager Supply at the Melbourne Fire Brigade, Australia, said: “I was most impressed with the conference and the hospitality of the organizers. I enjoyed it immensely.”
- Massimo Bellossi, Head of Electronic & Magnetic Strip Ticketing System at ATM Milanese Transport Authority, Italy, said: “I would like to congratulate Wise Media on the way the conference has been organized and I look forward to working with you in the future.”
- Vittorio Bertocci, Architect Evangelist Developer & Platform Evangelism at Microsoft, Redmond, USA, said: “The atmosphere at ID WORLD was just amazing. The delegate and speaker lineups were the perfect representation of the multifaceted world of the auto ID renaissance, and it was a unique opportunity to address such a diverse and influential audience.”
- Elaine Dezenski, Senior Vice President of Global Government Affairs at Cross Match Technologies, said: “I was very pleased to be part of ID WORLD 2006, it was my first opportunity to participate in this forum. I was impressed with the caliber of speakers, the timeliness of the topics, and the opportunity to interact with such a broad range of experts from across the globe, including some of our key customers. The exhibition was well attended and provided the right venue to showcase our products and services.”
- Martin George, CEO of Smart Sensors, UK, said: “I very much enjoyed this year’s ID WORLD in Milan, and would like to thank you once again for the opportunity of participating in this event which is growing and maturing nicely. In particular, the exhibition attached to this year’s was excellent, and the overall organization and logistics were a great credit to you and the Wise Media team.”
- Stephan Hofstetter, Senior Consultant / Head of Product Management at Trüb, Switzerland, said: “Terrific organization and handling previous to the event. Great quality of attendants and a very family-like atmosphere. I will take the company to next year’s event with a booth. Let me know the dates!”
- Klaus Klosa, Managing Director of LEGIC Identsystems AG, Switzerland, said: “I just want to thank you for the opportunity to be part of ID WORLD in Milan. It was a very professional and interesting event for the industry. Many thanks also to your team.”
- Dr Walter Mosher Jr, Chairman & CIO of Precision Dynamics Corporation, USA, said: “The conference was very informative and I enjoyed meeting and discussing ideas and issues regarding auto identification with the other delegates. The conference was a great success and I would also like to acknowledge Wise Media’s expertise and professionalism in organizing this year’s event.”
- Gregor Ponert, Head of Device Development at Skidata, Salzburg, Austria, said: “It was a pleasure for me to speak during ID WORLD, thank you for the perfect organization of the event.”
- Andreas Reisen, Head of the Department of Biometric, Travel Documents & Registration at the Federal Ministry of the Interior Germany, said: “Thank you for the opportunity to speak at ID WORLD. I found the conference very useful, as it gave me the opportunity to meet new and interesting contacts.”
- Andreas Sasinski, General Marketing & Sales Manager at Melzer, Schwelm, Germany, said: “ID WORLD has become the established information platform worldwide for the auto ID industry. I enjoy it as a professional and from a company point of view I find the exhibition very productive. At this event you can make the best contacts at the highest level.”
- Bruno Sebastiani, Risk Security Officer at UniCredit Banca, Italy, said: “At ID WORLD I was faced with the unusual situation where there were too many opportunities. It was difficult to decide which conference I should attend and when to visit the Exhibition. Usually when a conference lasts three days it becomes lengthy. At ID WORLD I needed more time.”
- Scott Silverman, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Applied Digital (Nasdaq:ADSX) and VeriChip Corp., Florida, USA, said: “I have attended ID WORLD in Paris, Barcelona, Rome and now Milan. Applied and VeriChip have been a sponsor since 2003 and have already signed up to sponsor the event in years to come. It is the best place for trailblazing ID solution developers and pioneering adopters to shape and communicate a balanced vision of the revolution based on auto ID.”
Many thanks to all who contributed to the success of the ID WORLD 2006!
Sophie B. de la Giroday