Regional Vice President – CoreStreet
Speaks at ID WORLD on Secure Identification
ActivIdentity Vice President John Bys has demonstrated program leadership by working with governments and Global 100 companies worldwide. His background with cryptographic solutions combines knowledge of the technology used as a basis for highly trusted credentials with an understanding of the requirements, both political and technological, for Citizen ID and similar scale deployments of smart credentials. John provides a view on the evolution and adoption of identity in the real world and has spoken at conferences in The Hague, Madrid, Milan, Berlin, Basel, Washington, DC and other locations through the United States.
“PIV for All”
FIPS-201 and PIV, initially deployed by the US Federal Government, are now hitting mainstream with recognized derivations on the standard.
In May 2009 the Federal Chief Information Officer’s Council released the first version of this standard for Non-Federal Issuers of Personal Identification Verification “Interoperable” identity credentials. This opened the door for state, local, and commercial entities to participate in federated environments with two way trust allowing transactions, on-line identity and credential management, and federated physical access for facilities. The ability for industry and government to issue and mutually trust has spurned product development and adoption, thus further propagating participation by inclusion.
The presentation will highlight the standards brought forward and adopted by;
– Federal CIO Council for Issuing Credentials with mutual trust; Federal and Non-Federal
– Federated Identity and Credential Access Management Initiatives for Application Adoption
– Trans Global Secure Collaboration Project Bringing Government and Private Industry together
– National Institute for Standards in Technology Special Publication 800-116 for Physical Access
– And the practical applications being applied today by Industry leaders